Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Why? Why? WHY do I do this to myself?

OK, We still have TON of stuff at the old house to clear out and new renters would like to move in by June. ACK!!! I had all these grand plans of not bringing any of the *junk* with us but I haven't sorted through it all. Ok, nor real ambition either! It's hard with so many other projects, events, appt's, etc. on the plate. Guess the stuff is going to get piled into the basement in hopes of sorting through it there so I can use my basement for a family room when it is all done. Please don't hold your breathe because I really couldn't bear the guilt of anyone losing consciousness on my account.

So now to add to the stress. The girls have decided they want their birthday parties to be 1) at their new house! and 2) separate. ACK, ACK & ACK!!! I could probably coax the soon-to-be-5 year old into something else but the soon-to-be-8 yr old has dug her heels in and holding her ground hard! I'd almost concede for the Rat Trap if she'd let loose of this idea. To make it worse she really has her heart set on a carnival in her back yard. Space is not an issue with 5 acres but the previous owners were dog breeders and there are fence posts/kennels everywhere that have to be removed. It's part of why we got such a good deal on the house. Add in being able to do this indoors if rain. Why can I not tell her no?

Normally we like to do their parties before school is out to avoid the *summer party no shows* but there just isn't time nor an available slot that isn't already filled with other classmate parties or end of school festivities. So the plan is to have S's party the weekend following school end (5/24) and K's on her actual Bday (7th). Not too bad but I also have Girl Scout Camp (I'm a leader and both girls go) from 6/2 - 6/6. So that means the house has to be ready and party stuff ready before 6/1 because I will have next to no life left in me during camp week. Any of you who have lead a camp with kids (my group is 12 girls but the whole camp is approx. 300 kids) understand exactly what I am saying!!!

Oh, and DH has decided that maybe we could go visit the Big Mouse after all this year; so I'm trying to plan that in somewhere too. Can you even get reservations this late?

But I really want ALL of this for the girls so let me quit whining (and typing) and start planning & prepping! Thanks for letting me vent!