Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It's Official...

The house is officially ours now! We closed this afternoon. The sellers were very nice and I must admit I kept feeling quilty. We got this house for such a steal. Well below what they were asking for it and even lower than it had appraised for + they paid most of the closing costs. It was a steal! Whenever anyone asks me if we are selling our current house I keep saying "it's no time to sell; just ask the people we bought our new house from. ; ) I know, I know; they didn't have to accept our offer but they did and now it's ours.

We do have someone lined up to rent our current house but they don't need it until June/July so we have plenty of time to get moved in to the new one. Because of this I am determined that we are not taking anything to the new house that we don't absolutely want to. We have been toting around several packed boxes for years that we never get around to going through and won't get rid of because *such n such* could be in one of those boxes. So very sad, after all this time especially!!! {{{Burying head in shame}}} So I've decided that we will move out everything we know we want, then have a huge *indoor* yard sale. Bad weather? No problem! No hauling out to the yard to haul back in later. Whatever is left can either get donated to charity or go to Freecycle. I don't care. I just don't want it littering up my life anymore! We heard a phrase on a show awhile back that so fits us and is becomming our new motto so.to.speak: "Trying to find suitable homes for the material shards of my past that no longer inform my present."

So now the *fun* begins. First we'll paint whichever rooms we plan on painting then we'll start moving stuff in. Needless to say I may not be seen for awhile but I'll be around!