Thursday, January 24, 2008

Terms of Agreement

Lack of sleep is making me a bit silly & felt like playing on words. Sorry.

We finally came to an agreement of terms with the Seller and are officially under contract for our new house. YIPPEE!!! We actually made quite a good deal on it. It is definately the ideal time to buy. We're loving that the interest rates are going down more too. At least for THIS purpose. Our stocks are another matter entirely! Now, hopefully, the market will pick up after we close and we can sell our current house. We'd rather sell it but currently it looks like we are going to have to rent or lease/purchase it. I've learned my lesson about being the most expensive house in the subdivision!!! When I look at what others in the area are going for I gringe. No Way can I settle for that. This year we were rezoned for *the best* Elementary school and an option for the better Middle & High school in the area so hopefully that will help some too.

Now I'm off to go play with paint swatch programs and window shop for the furniture I'd like to get for the new house but probably won't be able to afford. ; )