Saturday, December 15, 2007

I've been tagged

I've been tagged for the very first time! Andie over at Memoirs of a Chaotic Mommy sent me this Christmas meme. Thanks Andie!

“When people say ‘Christmas’ you immediately think…”
Family, Sharing, Giving & Love

“Favourite Christmas memory…”
There was one year that I was so broke and didn't think it was going to be a good Christmas at all. Ken (we weren't married then) made it a very special one. Ken and the boys went out to cut down a tree. They came back with more of a bush.... a very large bush! A Juniper I believe it was. It was bigger than the house. It was hilarious. Lani is allergic to all sorts of trees/bushes and she was sick as a dog from it. Aside from that I don't have much memories of it except that it was the first Christmas in many years that we all enjoyed as a family.

“Favourite Christmas song/carol…”
"What Child Is This?" but for some reason this year I can't get the Hippo song out of my head!

“Favourite Christmas movie…”
It's A Wonderful Life

“Favourite Christmas character…”
I like them all!

“Favourite Christmas ornament/object…”
A Santa that my grandfather made out of a sheet of thick cotton back when my oldest brother was a baby. It's over 60 years old now! My brother couldn't say Santa and couldn't pronounce L's so he called him "C'aus". The name has stuck and he is the very first thing to go up each Christmas and the very last thing to come down. It is a treasured memory.

“Plans for this Christmas…”
Be at home with my family however this year gets a bit of a twist. My oldest daughter just bought a house and should be closing before Christmas. We have not told her boys (10 & 3). I am making a "treasure map" for the older boy and he & his mom will go on the hunt. When they arrive at the new house there will be a big red bow and inside sitting beside the fireplace will be item he wished for but by then will feel as though he is not getting - a guitar.


“Is Christmas your favourite holiday?”
Yes. I love the Christmas holidays!