Monday, May 12, 2008

You just never know who you'll run into

Saturday I was at on site for Girl Scout day camp. This is where all leaders get together to plan what we are going to do during the week of camp with the girls. The last hour of the day the girls come and everyone meets and makes final plans. It is a very long but fun day. At the end I realized I had forgotten something so I went up to the pavilion to seek out the director. I asked a few of the ladies there where I might find her and suddenly this woman asks who I am in a stern voice. I tell her my name and what group I'm with and she says no, what is your maiden name. Not sure why, as I did not grow up anywhere around here, but as soon as I tell her it dawns on me who she was! She was one of my very best friends from grade school. We actually go back to 2nd grade!!! We had lost touch with each other about 20 years ago. She just happened to be up here for the day (staying with the asst. director of day camp) because her daughter had been invited to a prom here. Go figure! I had given up trying to locate her. Never in a million years did I expect to find her at a Girl Scout event! It has been great to reminisce and catch up on things. I hope we'll get to do much more. She now lives 5 hours away from where I do but I'm sure we'll find a way.

BTW - She too knew my husband before I did! LOL It's crazy!